Q: Fuel gauge and temperature gauge not working.

fuel gauge either goes to full or empty...when tank is full it says low fuel and gauge reads empty...temp gauge nvr moves

The fuel gauge not reading properly may be likely related to your fuel sending unit or the gauge in the dash itself. The sending unit is a small float type component inside your fuel tank that measures the level of the fuel inside the tank. As the fuel level drops, the float level changes and sends a signal to the car’s computer which then displays the reading on the fuel gauge in your dash.

The temperature gauge also has a sensor (or in some cases called a switch) that reads the coolant temperature and relays this information to the ECU which uses this information to control other functions such as the air/fuel ratio during warm up. This also serves to control the turning on and off of the cooling fans when the temperature reaches a specific threshold. When this is not working properly, you may also experience the engine overheating in some cases. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your gauges.

3. Fuel gauge and temperature gauge not working.