Q: what would be the average cost to own my vehicle over a ten year period

what would be the average cost to own my vehicle over a ten year period

Typical "lifecycle" vehicle ownership and operation costs, such as you are inquiring about, are calculated on a 5 year interval. Going out 10 years has too much inherent uncertainly in inflation projections, and the costs of fuel, insurance, and repairs. But, a 5 year estimate can yield a reliable result. Accordingly, if you input your data (your year, make, model, engine and fuel type, and zip code) into Edmunds life-cycle cost calculator you will be able to get very specific life cycle cost estimates, for free, that you can then refine based on your known personal insurance costs and assumed annual mileage (Edmunds uses assumed average values for insurance and annual mileage; you can just simply adjust for your known insurance costs and estimated annual mileage). YourMechanic has a specialization in all routine automobile maintenance, and of course repairs, so if you have bought a new car and want to not only keep your maintenance up to date, but also keep your operating costs to a minimum, please know we are here to assist you. If you have further questions or concerns about your car, don’t hesitate to contact us.

3. what would be the average cost to own my vehicle over a ten year period