Q: For some reason one of my headlights looks dirtier than the other. I've tried just about everything to get it to look new again an

asked by on June 15, 2017

My driver's side headlight looks dingy. I tried just about everything to get it clean. I was starting to believe that it was the reason for my dim low beam. I bought a new HID bulb and after having it installed i still had the same issue. Different people tell me different things as to what's really going on but can't figure out the real issue. Is it the wiring or the projector or does the whole headlight need to be replaced entirely?

Hi there. Over time, many different items can cause headlights to fade. In most cases, it’s a caused by debris that naturally builds up on the lens that causes it to become cloudy. In other cases, the inner seal that protects the headlight from water can wear out and condensation can collect inside the headlight. It is also possible that a loose electrical connection or a relay is damaged and can cause a consistent restriction of power to illuminate the bulb. It’s always best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a headlight not working inspection to determine what is causing this issue before deciding to make repairs.