Q: Is it safe to drive with a broken sway bar link?

Heard a jingle noise. Parked and the link was broke on left side. I am not able to get it fixed till a couple of days and was wondering if it was safe to drive till then.

As you may know, the sway bar is connected to the lower control arm and the body of the vehicle and helps to maintain smooth handling under all different types of driving conditions. Depending on the severity of the sway bar link damage, this can range from slight damage to major damage in the event that the damage is sufficient enough to cause the car to not handle safely. When this is damaged it may cause the vehicle to handle very poorly with a loose steering wheel feeling. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and service your damaged sway bar link.

3. Is it safe to drive with a broken sway bar link?