Q: I am being told my water pump is bad in my 2002 Sequoia. My car's temp gauge was maxed out and in the red. I am also being told

I am being told that my Toyota sequoia has been overheating. I am being told that I need a new water pump. I am also being told I have to replace my timing belt as a result of replacing the water pump? and have to change the oil? Is this accurate?

A: Yes this is correct. The timing belt needs ...

Yes this is correct. The timing belt needs to come off to replace the water pump to prevent coolant from leaking into the timing belt rubber which will cause it to fail. If you would like more information on timing belts as well as water pumps click on the links!