Q: Squealing noise under the hood

My car has an automatic transmission and has gone 19,000 miles. Each time I start the car, I can hear a squealing noise. The noise is coming from under the hood. I had the tensioner and belt replaced but it didn't help. What can I do to prevent this?

Hello there. I would try to make sure you turn off your A/C before you shut off the vehicle each time to see if the squeal goes away. The A/C may be trying to come on too soon before the engine gets up to speed and can squeal. If this noise is less or goes away with the A/C off, then you can better narrow the cause as the A/C compressor. If you would like to have this checked for you, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the squealing noise and guide with the correct repairs.

3. Squealing noise under the hood