Q: Overheating when driving

My car can idel with the heat on for a hr or more without overheating but soon as I drive it starts to overheat. I just had the water pump and thermostat changed but I think the thermostat was put in wrong and it's not working cause now the heat isn't getting hot and it's sill overheating. Why?

Thermostats can only be installed in one orientation. Unless the thermostat that was installed is the wrong one, or was defective out of the box, the thermostat is probably not the cause of the issue. Inasmuch as the overheating is only occurring when the engine is under load, it could be caused by a leaking head gasket, plugged radiator, dragging brakes, engine tuning problem, underinflated tires or any of a myriad of other causes of overheating. Your best bet is to request an overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will identify the root cause of the problem.

3. Overheating when driving