Q: How do you check the battery?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you check the battery?

Your car’s battery is designed to be maintenance free, but there are times that you’ll need to at least check its condition. Honda actually recommends that you check the battery’s condition every month. What does that entail, though? Here’s what you should know:

• Check the “eye” indicator on the battery. If it is green, the battery is good. If it’s black, the battery is dying and should be replaced (more accurate eye color information is on the battery label).

• Check for corrosion on the battery terminals and cable ends. If there is any forming, clean it off with a mixture of water and vinegar.

Tips

• Remember if your battery goes dead or needs to be replaced, you will have to put in the radio code to get the audio system working again.

• The clock will need to be reset if you replace the battery as well.