Q: My gas cap replaced still no click

Gas cap stopped clicking so I replaced it with one from the dealer to be sure it was the right one, still no click. To door to the gas tank (no a locking one) pops open frequently and check engine light just came on. What is my next step?

A: Having your gas cap not work correctly can ...

Having your gas cap not work correctly can be a frustrating experience. It appears that the concern with your Ford Escape may have something to do with the fuel filler neck not allowing the new factory gas cap to be installed correctly.

However, unfortunately it is difficult for me to point you in the right direction without seeing the vehicle in person and verifying how the gas cap is be placed, as well as verifying if the Check Engine Light is tied to the gas cap. I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified technician who can stop by and go over your Escape with you in person. They will be able to use their scanner to verify the Check Engine Light, as well as inspect the gas cap.