Q: Doors not responding to key fob

asked by on February 12, 2016

Both of the back doors of my car will not respond to the key fob. In addition, the front driver's side door lock will not open using the key fob.

Hello. GM has a very lengthy technical service bulletin about this concern. The reference # is PIE0059, release date 03-19-10. They had an engineer look into the issue and it seems to me they had some low quality door latches. The door lock actuator is built into the latch. I would guess that if the RF is the only one working, that the other 3 need to be replaced. If you have any type of warranty, see if they cover these parts.