Q: Would the crankshaft be the issue for the car losing power or misfiring gears?

More of then not, while driving, if I'm stopped at a red light or stop sign, etc and I go to push on the gas again, the car does not go - as if I'm in neutral or something. If I'm driving up a steep incline the SUV seems to lose power and doesn't go fast them 15 or 20mph. I've had the transmission checked and a compression test done, but nothing was found. The car does have a constant shake and was finally told it was the damper. I recently had a new radiator and spark plugs put in too.

Hi! It sounds like there are a number of things that could be going on with your Mountaineer. If you feel like it’s in neutral when you’re in drive, that is a transmission issue. You can start by checking the transmission fluid level and condition. It may be slipping, and that would also explain why I does not want to go uphill, too. The constant shaking should be corrected, whether it’s a bad harmonic balancer or something else. Besides just being annoying, it will cause other things to fail. I get the feeling that your Mercury has not been accurately diagnosed yet, and this is causing you to spend money throwing various parts at it and hoping for the best. Before tacking on any new parts, I suggest having an experienced technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come out and inspect the vehicle’s loss of power and advise you on the correct repairs needed.

3. Would the crankshaft be the issue for the car losing power or misfiring gears?