Q: Car won't start - 2006 BMW 325i

Car won't start. Put key in and all you hear is Fuel pump coming on. The battery is new and fully charged. Starter is good and Altenator is good

A: Hi there. If the engine is not cranking, th...

Hi there. If the engine is not cranking, then the issue can be a number of things. I usually start by checking for power at the starter when trying to crank it over. If there is no power there, then I go to the starter relay. If the relay is not getting power, then I go to the transmission position sensor and to the ignition switch.

On this particular car, I find more problems with the starter relay and with the transmission position sensor. If you are going to have the car inspected, consider a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your home or office to determine why the car is not starting and suggest any needed repairs.