Q: Malfunction of electrical components - 2006 Cadillac XLR

The electrical components have been malfunctioning in my car for a while now. The power windows malfunction. They go up and down by themselves. I'm unable to open the trunk as it won't unlock. I've had the power steering failure as well.

The cigarette lighter quit working so the fuse was replaced. The CD player works only sporadically. There is also malfunctioning of the power seats. The area around the dashboard has been making clicking noises repetitively. I've been to the dealership but they couldn't find the cause of these malfunctions. Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

There is a Recall for a possibly related electrical issue with your vehicle. The Recall issue (NHTSA recall campaign 06v263000) addresses an electrical issue that has damaged various electrical systems with your model vehicle. Discuss this with your Cadillac dealer.