Q: Engine stalls as I'm on the accelerator, but when I stop completely, it works just fine.1993 Honda Accord

asked by on August 12, 2017

When I'm on the accelerator on the road, the engine acts as if it doesn't want to accelerate, stalling/knocking noise like. But when I'm on the brakes at a complete stop, it works just fine

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. This can be caused by a number of things. If it only occurs when accelerating then I would check the fuel pressure first. If the fuel filter is old or clogged then this will occur. It can also be caused by a worn out timing belt or an issue with one of the sensors on the engine. If you want to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why it is losing power] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/loss-of-power-inspection