Q: purchased isspro R8480M speedometer, and have to replace new one with old one in vehicle, must match mileage to the mile. but no p

asked by on September 30, 2016

ISSPRO R8480M speedometer is broken and need to install new one, need to advance mileage on new unit to match broken speedometer. New R8480M has no open ports to set odometer reading. Is there a way to do this?

Hello. I would contact the manufacturer of the gauge for specifics on whether or not the mileage on the unit can be advanced. It may be possible that mileage can be advanced electronically or mechanically by disassembling the unit. However, only the manufacturer of the gauge would know. Keep in mind that some gauges are designed to make advancing the mileage difficult for accuracy reasons and to prevent tampering.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr