Q: Car squeaks after CV joint replacement 1998 Pontiac Bonneville

Recently I had left side cv joint replacement and the hub assembly. Now when I drive it it squeaks. It didn't do that before the parts were replaced. Could you tell me some reasons that might be

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, replacement of the CV joint, axle and hub assembly required a certain amount of disassembly and reassembly of the suspension on that side of the vehicle. It is possible that this process caused a realignment of some suspension linkage or bearing (strut or strut plate for example) with inadequate lubrication at that point. Squeaks and creaks are not unusual in a vehicle with higher mileage like yours. I would check first with the service center that did the initial work to see if there is something they can do for this. If that does not resolve the squeak, I would recommend a noisy suspension inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.