Q: Axle or CV boot needs replacing

I think that either my axle or CV boot needs replacing. How can I be sure which one needs replacing?

A: Hi there. Anytime one of the boots tears an...

Hi there. Anytime one of the boots tears and begins to leak grease, the boot, at the very least, will need to be replaced. When an axle goes out out, there will either be a noise, or vibration associated when driving, or when cornering. The axle will have to be removed in either case, for a proper repair to be completed. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to help in the diagnosis and repair of either a CV boot replacement or a CV axle replacement.