Q: Stuck in park with no brake lights

asked by on February 20, 2018

I have a 2012 Lincoln Navigator that is stuck in park and I have no brake lights. I have just replaced the brake light switch because I thought that to be the issue. That did no fix the issue and I have now also checked and verified that fuse #5 which pertains to the brake interlock and lights is "Ok". Please help, forums seems short on this issue. If it was just the interlock I could bypass but the no brake lights has me concerned. Thanks!

The brake lights are computer controlled on this year and have integrated circuits in the interior fuse box than may have burned out and entire fuse junction box may need to be replaced. You can have the computer tested with a scanner to verify the brake switch is working as it should and if problem is in fuse box or wiring.