Q: Does the rear wheel bearing replacement needs pressing or not? 2004 Acura RL

asked by on December 06, 2016

I own a 04 Acura RL, the faster i go, the more noise it makes from the back, i need the wheel bearing replaced, however, does the bearing needs to be pressed? i hear some acura models needs to pressed, would the model i own needs that or not?? Thanks for your help!

Hello - if you replace the wheel bearing/hub assembly, no, it does not require pressing. This is the recommended replacement approach. Pressing the bearing off/onto the hub requires specialized equipment, with high risk for damage. I would recommend a wheel bearing/hub replacement service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.