Q: How much to fix 04 cts gas gauge?

asked by on May 10, 2017

how much to fix my 2004 cts cadillac gas gauge

Fuel Gauge Sender Replacement $125.41 - $1062.69 Get a Quote

Hi There, This may depend on what is causing the fuel gauge not to work properly. Generally, this is either related to a problem with the instrument cluster in the dash or the fuel gauge sending unit in the fuel tank. The fuel gauge sending unit is a small float type component (or sensor) inside your fuel tank that measures the level of the fuel inside the tank. As the fuel level drops, this change is detected and relayed in the form of a signal to the car’s computer which then displays the reading on the fuel gauge in your dash. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your vehicle.