Q: How do the driver and passenger front dual-stage air bags work?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do the driver and passenger front dual-stage air bags work?

Your car offers some pretty advanced safety technology, including dual-stage front air bags for both the driver and the front passenger. These are different from older air bags in that they can inflate to different degrees. This is an important consideration for lower speed impacts with less force involved. The system measures the force of impact and determines the appropriate amount of inflation for each air bag (in severe collisions, both air bags are completely inflated for safety).