Q: Q: Shifting problem?

I've got a 86 s10 4x4 2.8 my transmission line got replaced and after I tried to drive home from the mechanic shop it wouldn't shift past 1st gear no more it's a automatic trans before my transmission line got replaced it shifted what could be my problem

This is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. You may want to check to be sure the line was properly reconnected and that the transmission has not leaked any fluids. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Shifting problem?