Q: Oil leaking from car

My car is leaking motor oil and there is a lot of exhaust smoke while I am driving.

A: Hello, it sounds like you may have a gasket...

Hello, it sounds like you may have a gasket or seal leaking on your car. Smoke in the exhaust could indicate 2 things; you're burning oil or burning coolant. If you're burning oil that usually means your valve seals and guides are worn out. If you are burning coolant that means you have a blown head gasket. Oil burning will be blue in color and will not smell. Burning coolant will be a white grey color and will have a distinctive odor. If you're burning oil you could have a clogged PCV valve as well. Either one of these problems more than likely is going to require a complete engine rebuild to solve. A certified technician could inspect the source and cause of the excessive smoke.