Q: Vehicle overheated poor ac cooling and gas mileage

Vehicle overheated water temp light came on ,had it towed ,said the radiator had a leak ,replacing radiator, cap hoses and therostat, can this cause poor gas mileage and ac to not cool properly? Noticed this the last 2 weeks before the radiator overheated ,should I have them check anything else with this repair and what is a fair price for a 2006 rx 400h.

A: Changing the radiator, ho...

Hi there:

Changing the radiator, hoses and thermostat does not typically negatively impact fuel economy or AC issues. However, the installation of those items might, especially if the serpentine belt was installed incorrectly. However, with Hybrid models, the two issues may not be related at all, but perhaps a bad sensor that may have been damaged during the overheating situation.

I'd suggest contacting a local ASE certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to assess the condition of your car and accurately diagnose your overheating issue.