Q: How do you arm and disarm the anti-theft system?

How do you arm and disarm the anti-theft system?

While you have to take physical action to set the alarm on your car, the same is not true for the immobilizer system. The system is automatically armed as soon as you turn the engine off and take the key out of the ignition. You should see the immobilizer/anti-theft icon flash once every two seconds. The system also automatically disarms as soon as you insert a programmed key into the ignition and turn it to the on position. The chip in the key communicates with the car’s computer and the system disarms.

Tip

The anti-theft dash icon should light up for about three seconds after you crank the car. If it comes on and stays on, the system needs to be inspected.

3. How do you arm and disarm the anti-theft system?