Q: Hi, I have a problem with the hazard button, it does not turn on at all.

I have a Ford Explorer Limited FWD 2012. The Hazard Button does not respond no matter if I keep my finger on it for ages. It simply does not work. my Car's Vin No. is 1FMHK7F82CGA57231. Please, help, what shall I change and how easy/difficult it can be?

The circuit that that powers the emergency flashers (hazard lights) includes the switch, flasher unit, fuse, wiring, grounds, bulbs, bulb sockets, and sometimes a relay. Before the switch is condemned, the circuit is tested to see if power is even being delivered to the switch. If no power reaches the switch, the circuit has to be traced to find the interruption or fault. If power reaches the switch, but the switch contacts are bad, and thus no powered is delivered at switch "on", the switch is replaced. Prior to replacing any component in the circuit, the actual fault has to be found through an electrical diagnostic. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a circuit/electrical component diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. Hi, I have a problem with the hazard button, it does not turn on at all.