Q: Upon starting, the vehicle has a dry start for about 5 seconds unless it sits overnight.

The engine will cycle for about 5 seconds then fires right up without any other issue. This issue has been consistent for a year. During this time the cam position sensor and fuel pump were changed.

Hi there. Check the oil pressure sensor and see if its working or sticking. When the oil pressure sensor is sticking or not working correctly, the computer will cut the ignition and fuel off until oil pressure is met and then the engine will start. The oil pressure sending unit is what could be malfunctioning and causing your engine to have a 5 second delay in starting for a year length of time. If you need further assistance with diagnosing for oil pressure, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Upon starting, the vehicle has a dry start for about 5 seconds unless it sits overnight.