Q: About three weeks ago while driving in a storm my car went into limp mode and my check engine light came on 2006 Infiniti M35

asked by on April 27, 2017

About three weeks ago while driving in a storm my car went into limp mode and my check engine light came on. I had the codes read and they were p1757 and p1759 both dealing with front brake solenoid. After reading some reviews I had the valve body removed and the TCM inspected. All solenoids test fine and circuit had continuity. Transmission fluid was a dark cherry but did not seem milky and car goes into both drive and reverse. I've had both cam shaft position sensors recently changed. Can you tell me what my issue may be? Please Help

Hi there. If those codes only came up at that time and they were cleared and have not come back then you had water intrusion into the connections on the transmission causing this. I would usually clean the connections and add dielectric grease to keep it from occurring again. If the problem is still occurring then the transmission control module is the most likely cause. This issue should be looked at by a transmission specialist