Q: Car is shaking on idle on a cold start

asked by on March 15, 2018

When I turn the car on in the morning on a cold start, after the engine starts to idle the engine starts shaking and rpms go up and down, after it warms up the car goes back to normal

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Imperia. Thanks for contacting us today. As fuel system components age and are continually used, they will begin to clog with carbon deposits from fuel. When this occurs, they essentially become like clogged arteries, and can lead to fuel restriction problems like you are describing. As the engine warms, the fuel is easier to mix with air and symptoms can go away. This might also be caused by a cold start injector issue. Either way, the only way to know exactly what repairs are needed to resolve this problem is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an on-site inspection.