Q: Drove my truck on low transmission fluid..

Last night I drove my truck from a friends house, then to a gas station. I left the gas station, got on the interstate, went about a 3 miles and noticed it wasn't shifting right. I could only go about 50. Got off the interstate. Drove towards my aunts house, it got to where I couldn't go over 25. Stopped at another gas station, parked, tried to put it in reverse and wouldn't move. Waited till my mom got there, checked trans fluid and was bone dry. Put 2 bottles of fluid in and checked the dip stick again and still nothing on it. Look under the truck and there were puddles of fluid on the ground. Drove it to my aunts, also still couldn't go over 20. When we got there my dad got in it drove it down to the stop sign and dogged it to see how it was shifting.. My main question is, after me driving it and him dogging it, do you think I blew the transmission?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1993 Chevrolet C1500. Running it low on fluid can ruin the rubber seals, bearings and clutches that rely on the fluid to keep it lubricated and cool. Identify the leak first and once the leak is fixed, then refill the fluid and see if it shifts okay. If the front pump seal is leaking then you will need to have the transmission removed and should get it overhauled or replaced. If you would like a mechanic to check your car, you can have a certified technician from YourMechanic come to your location and inspect the transmission fluid leaks.