Q: Okay so I got stuck in mud today and was shifting from reverse to 1st trying to wiggle it out and at some points I did rev the eng

asked by on December 05, 2016

Check engine light came on after a lot of high revving in reverse and first.

Hi there:

Sometimes when a vehicle gets stuck in the mud, excessive mud will clog up sensors on the vehicle suspension or engine / transmission that will trigger the check engine light. However, it’s also possible that the excessive wheel speed may have damaged something. Regardless, anytime you have a check engine light on, you’ll need a professional mechanic to complete a check engine light inspection and reset the error codes. This will allow them to download any stored codes and determine if damage has occurred and recommend the right repairs.