Q: Okay so I got stuck in mud today and was shifting from reverse to 1st trying to wiggle it out and at some points I did rev the eng

Check engine light came on after a lot of high revving in reverse and first.

Hi there:

Sometimes when a vehicle gets stuck in the mud, excessive mud will clog up sensors on the vehicle suspension or engine / transmission that will trigger the check engine light. However, it’s also possible that the excessive wheel speed may have damaged something. Regardless, anytime you have a check engine light on, you’ll need a professional mechanic to complete a check engine light inspection and reset the error codes. This will allow them to download any stored codes and determine if damage has occurred and recommend the right repairs.

3. Okay so I got stuck in mud today and was shifting from reverse to 1st trying to wiggle it out and at some points I did rev the eng