Q: How do you adjust the roof rack?

How do you adjust the roof rack?

While your roof rack might give you the ability to carry extra cargo strapped to the top of the car, you have to adjust it properly. It can hold up to 100 pounds, but it needs to be distributed properly. Here’s how to adjust the roof rack’s cross bars to fit your specific loading needs:

1. Locate the thumbwheels on the crossbars (there’s one on each end of each crossbar for a total of 4).

2. Loosen both thumbwheels on one crossbar.

3. Slide the crossbar in the direction you want.

4. Tighten the thumbwheels completely to secure the bar when you’ve got it positioned correctly.

5. Repeat these steps for the other crossbar.

Tip

Always make sure to tighten the thumbwheels again after moving the crossbars or your load will not be secure.