Q: Is it possible my Crown Vic police interceptor came from auction with a supercharger?

Last year I baught a 2011 Crown Vic from government auction and I believe it came with a supercharger, is this normal? When I am in high rpm (3000+) my engine gives off an extremely high pitch whistle and it picks up very quickly, all the while draining my fuel equally fast. Does this sound like a S/C?

That does not appear to be an OEM option on that vehicle and so if equipped with a supercharger, it would have to have been added. To answer your question, the application is not that common. You can determine if there is a supercharger visually (see photos on Internet for typical configurations). Regarding the noise, if there is no supercharger, you could have a vacuum leak or other malfunction in a rotating component. To have the origin of such a noise pinpointed, the recommended service is a vehicle noise diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Is it possible my Crown Vic police interceptor came from auction with a supercharger?