Q: My engine is overheating and cold air is coming from the vents.

Like stated above my engine is over heating and cold air is coming from the vents. please help.

Engine coolant circulates through the heater core located behind the dash to provide heat. If coolant is not circulating properly, hot coolant will not flow into the heater core. Possible causes are a water pump that is not spinning properly or a blockage in the cooling system. The most common fault would be a thermostat that is stuck in the closed position, not allowing coolant to circulate throughout the cooling system.

Have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, determine why the car is overheating to verify the exact cause and suggest any needed repairs.