Q: Could my tires be causing limp mode?

my tires : 2 (205/55r15) 1 (195/60/15) 1 (195/55r15) on the the 205/55 have a huge nail which unbalances tire. i had the 205/55s on the front and my car was revving in turns so when i looked i see the nailon the right one. i didn't have any patches so i switched it out with 195/55 to fix the problem. now my car is in this limp mode. not letting me go over 3rpms. i switched the 195 to the front left so they could be the same width. but limp mode is still active. i unplugged batt. is it the height of the tire that is also throwing it off? will getting new tires all around help this limp mode go away?

A: Hello - I don’t believe different tire size...

Hello - I don’t believe different tire sizes would cause the transmission to go into limp mode. Different tire diameters WILL cause the ABS system to alarm, and turn on the ABS light (and the traction control system if your car is so equipped). I would suggest that you check your transmission fluid level first. If the fluid level is correct, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your limp mode problem and give you an estimate for any needed repairs.