Q: engine performance or transmission performance

asked by on July 31, 2017

I have this car, it does not work well, it gives me these three symptoms. 1- it can not take a higher speed, it remains on the 1st speed only. 2-in the wrong tracks the engine goes out. 3- During acceleration the motor will also switch off.

thank you.

2000 Nissan Frontier with a 3.4L V6 OHV 12V engine.

EXTENDED CAB PICKUP 2-DR

1N6ED26Y6YC356222

it is possible that you may be having an issue with the engine and the transmission. If the engine is shutting off, it is missing one of three things. Fuel, ignition, or compression. Most likely the fuel is the cause of the issue as the loss of fuel is more common than the others. However, if this engine has a distributor, which i believe it does, it is possible that there could be an issue with the cap, rotor, or distributor itself. As for the transmission, it is possible that a low fluid level could cause this so I would check that first. However, most likely there is an internal issue in the transmission causing the lack of shift from first to second gear. This could be a shift solenoid or something much more serious. I would recommend having your transmission inspected by a certified transmission specialist in your area to diagnose the exact cause of this issue.