Q: How many motor mounts does a 07 ford five hundred have?

I get a clunking noise when accelerating hard, I was told I needed some motor mounts.

A: Your car should have a left, right, and tor...

Your car should have a left, right, and torque strut mount for the engine. So 3 mounts there. You should also have a left and right transmission mount so 5 mounts in total. Typically, when 1 mount weakens or fails, the other mounts carry more weight so they weaken and fail sooner. If any of the mounts have failed, it's generally a good idea to replace all or most of them at the same time.

If other mounts have weakened as well, and you only replace one or two, those new mounts will not last very long either. The easy way to determine if you have weak mounts is to open the hood and start the car. Put it in reverse, and with your left foot firmly on the brake pedal, give it a little gas. Then do the same thing in drive. If the engine/transmission assembly rocks back and forth more than an inch, you need mounts. If you would like to have this looked at, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the clunking noise to determine what should be done.