Q: Battery drain due to oil pressure light after engine is switched off.

My car battery is draining quickly. I see oil pressure light on the dashboard when my engine is turned off. I think this is the cause, because i see my battery not discharging when terminal is removed overnight. I asked so many mechanics, but could repair it. Could you help in what can be done.

Thanks

Hi there. The oil pressure light alone would not cause the battery to quickly drain. It may be, a faulty ignition switch or faulty ignition relay. The electrical draw on the battery really needs to be properly diagnosed to avoid unnecessary repairs. I recommend having your vehicle’s battery drain be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Battery drain due to oil pressure light after engine is switched off.