Q: Thermostat is not reading the temperature of the vehicle and doesn't allow the A/C to work because of this. 2006 Chevy Impala

A few weeks back, I had some had my radiator replaced with your company, which was installed well by a great mechanic. About a day or so later, the error message "Engine Hot A/C Off" began displaying. I figured it would go away after adding some water as this has happened in the past, but it has never lasted this long. Since the Thermostat isn't reading the tempature it has also disabled the A/C from working. There are many threads on this topic on the internet in particular with the 2006 Impala and the error message above. What can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks, Andres Galeano

Hi there - it sounds like there is still a coolant leak independent of the radiator which needs attention. It is also possible that there is an air bubble in the engine which may need to be bled (air bubbles can cause the temperature gauge to register inaccurately as you describe). I have referred this back to Customer Service for further review.

3. Thermostat is not reading the temperature of the vehicle and doesn't allow the A/C to work because of this. 2006 Chevy Impala