Q: Steering wheel vibration over 60 mph

I've recently purchased this pre-owned car and it has been shaking badly in the steering wheel. It occurs while I'm driving at higher speeds, over 60 mph. When I accelerate fast, the issue becomes even worse. I went to the dealership several time and had the tires and wheels replaced and had the wheel balanced as well. I also changed the steering pump and rack and several other parts. They don't know what else to do. I was told that this might be a normal feature of this model. Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Hello. This vehicle should not shake like this when driving at high speeds. If it only occurs at higher rates of speed then it either has a warped front hub assembly or it may have a problem with the alignment. I usually do a run out check of the hubs first. The hub assembly will need replacement if they are warped.

If they are fine then the alignment needs to be checked. If the caster angle is too negative or if the vehicle has been in an accident then this will occur.

If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you home or office to diagnose your vibrating steering and repair it as necessary.