Q: Seatbelt does not retract

Driver side seat belt latches fine but when you unbuckle the top portion does not retract well or at all- very loose. No prior accidents. Is this a safety issue? How do I get it checked out?

The seat belt retractor is like a clock spring and it sounds like yours has sprung. Any irregularity in the operation of your seat belt is grounds for replacement.. The thing about seat belts is they have that one chance to operate perfectly one time and your life may depend on it. So this is no place to try to save money. The retractor and seat belt are replaced as a single unit for this very reason. Don’t put this one off! You can get the repair done conveniently at your home or office by contacting Your Mechanic for a [seat belt replacement.[(https://www.yourmechanic.com/advice/tag)