Q: the car has been sitting for a while it goes in gear you can feel and hear it but it won't move

I had just recently bought this car it has been sitting for a while like a whole year it starts and runs good but when I put it in gear it will not move I can feel and hear it go in gear but it won't move in reverse or drive

A: Hey. The most likely cause is the transmiss...

Hey. The most likely cause is the transmission internal clutches are bad or a clutch drum band is seized or bad. Have a transmission mechanic check the transmission pressures to diagnose the problem. Before this make sure the transmission fluid is full when checking engine running in park. If you would like to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your gear issue.