Q: Cranks but won't start

I drove my car accidentally without the radiator cap on for 15 mins(rushing putting water in to go get someone) .it ran hot and just shut off.when tried to restart it it cranks but won't start and water is spraying from below the exhaust manifold look like coming from the block(in the front) it only sprays when try to start it

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2004 Chevrolet Impala. Your car has a leak which has to be pinpointed and repaired. If by chance the leak is in the head gasket, the head gasket will have to be replaced but it will have to be determined if the head or block is warped (from overheating or other causes for that matter); you can’t apply a head gasket to a warped block or head and a mechanic has to evaluate the flatness of those surfaces prior to attempting a repair. Your car is apparently not starting in the wake of this incident. If you want to have this checked by a certified mechanic, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your starting problem.