Q: Is a 2001 GMC Yukon SLT with 222000 miles worth buying?

asked by on August 11, 2016

Hi, the vehicle is in PA in the Nazareth area. Pictures show it looking brand new. I got the car fax myself and there are 5 pages of all scheduled maintenance that the car received at 2 local dealerships since the day it was purchased. Would this be a good vehicle to buy? Seller is asking $3500.

Before the purchase, you should definitely take a look at the car in person before moving forward - especially since it is a relatively older car. Just because it looks good in a picture does not mean everything works. There could be faulty parts like windows, doors, or the engine knocking, etc. I recommend having a pre-purchase inspection done on the car by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. They can thoroughly test the vehicle and give you a detailed report of the car’s existing condition so that you can feel more safe making the final purchase.