Q: When I start my car, the fan jumps on very loud for about a minute to a minute and a half. What would be the reason?

About a year ago somebody crashed into the right front of my car. It damaged mainly the body but it got the air conditioning unit and the air filter and filter box. For about 6 months or so I have noticed it. I'm planning to have it checked at a mechanics shop soon but this thing popped up so I figured I'd try too get more then one opinion. Every time I start my car the fan seems to be really loud and stays loud for about a minute to minute and a half...

There could be an electrical wiring issue with the cooling fan from the cooling fan to the cooling switch / sensor or the thermostat could be sticking on causing the fans to blow harder as the engine may overheat until the thermostat is fully open. If there is nothing wrong with the cooling fan circuit and the thermostat is new, then the motor in the cooling fan maybe burning up and has its grease thick until the grease warms up. If that is the case, I recommend replacing the cooling fan motor. If you need further assistance with your cooling fan being loud, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. When I start my car, the fan jumps on very loud for about a minute to a minute and a half. What would be the reason?