Q: The clutch pedal doesn't spring back as quickly when it is cold outside.

When driving for extended time (30-45 mins) in city traffic, the clutch pedal starts to get 'sticky', i.e. it doesn't spring back as quickly as when it is cold. Is this an issue which requires lubrication of the mechanism, or is there a potential slave cylinder issue?

Hi there. It is possible that the brake fluid may be freezing. When brake fluid gets old, it collects too much moisture causing water droplets to form in the fluid. This will gel up the fluid and cause it to stick the valves open and not allow the brake fluid to flow as fast as it did before. Check the brake fluid color and if its black or very dark in color, the I recommend flushing the entire brake system with new fluid. If you need further assistance with flushing your brakes, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.