Q: When ESC is on brake, drags and makes grinding noise. Started doing it with it off too.

Bought 09'santa Fe sport used 106,000 miles. When I drive with the esc on the car immediately starts braking and making grinding noise. Recently while driving at low speed and esc off the brakes did it again.

Hello. It sounds like your ABS brakes are kicking in for no reason. This can happen if the tone ring that the sensor reads is broken or filled with debris. I would recommend having all four of your wheel speed sensors inspected to determine if their tone rings are clean and in good condition. It is very likely that wheel bearing grease has filled all of the gaps in the tone ring making the sensor think that the wheel is locking up. When the vehicle thinks that a wheel has locked up, the ABS system will kick in to unlock the wheel. If you would like help, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the grinding noise and replace the ABS speed sensors if necessary.

• When ESC is on brake, drags and makes grinding noise. Started doing it with it off too.