Q: My Volvo hf7 is cranking but it does not start. What is wrong?

Volvo hf7 is cranking but not starting why

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there. I see your question is about a Volvo HF7 even when you clicked the Toyota Avalon buttons - I’m will be answering this question as it is associated to the Volvo HF7 vehicle provided.

Check the battery cables for tightness and make sure that the cables are free from corrosion. Then check the three essentials to make an engine operate; check for air flow, spark, and fuel. Look at the air filter and make sure that its clean and there is nothing blocking the air. Check the spark plugs and wires to make sure that there is a strong blue bold spark. Check the fuel injectors to ensure that they are spraying properly. To do this, remove the harness to the injectors and put a test light in the circuit to see if the light flashes. Make sure that all of the connectors have a flashing voltage. Then check resistance on the injectors to make sure that there is no resistance and circuit is open, meaning the injector has not engaged yet. If everything checks out to be good, then check the fuel pressure on the rail and see if there is 35 psi or more. If the pressure is really low then the fuel pump or filter could be clogged or not working. Replace what is not functioning correctly. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your engine not starting.

3. My Volvo hf7 is cranking but it does not start. What is wrong?