Q: Why is there transmission fluid splashed all over the top of the transmission

Transmission oil has splashed all over the top of the transmission and so much has settled yet i cant see a leak. What and where could be leaking

Hello, thank you for writing in. Automatic transmissions are complex components. There are several places where they can leak from the housing, it can leak from the input and output shafts, or fluid lines. With that being said, you should never run the vehicle without transmission fluid in the system. The best chance of finding the leak is to clean the standing fluid and watch for it. You can also do a visual inspection for any cracks or obvious physical damage. There are also gaskets all over the transmission who’s job it is to hold in the fluid. Check all of the seals and connections to verify they are holding. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Why is there transmission fluid splashed all over the top of the transmission