Q: My steering wheel locked up and both the battery and oil lights came on.

asked by on November 09, 2017

I was making a turn at an intersection and the steering wheel locked up with me barely able to make the turn without hitting anyone. I immediately pulled to the side of the road and saw the oil and battery lights turn on. I turned the car off and back on and the lights weren’t on but I could feel the car shaking a bit so I pulled into a parking lot and the steering wheel was incredibly loose and once I got into a parking spot and put the car in park it jutted forward a bit. The oil and battery lights both came on again.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

It sound like the vehicle has stalled due to a major system failure such as the fuel pump, ignition coil(s) or perhaps something like a broken or skipped timing belt or chain. The vehicle can be diagnosed, and thence repaired, if you request a no start/hard start diagnostic. That service can be performed on a mobile basis right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr